"In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different".. Coco Chanel. I shall live and die by this quote. Be who you want to be, not who someone wants you to be, it honestly is the difference between being happy and not. I aim to blog about fashion and all that surrounds it.

Wednesday 7 November 2012

Coco Lagerfeld..

Recently I was up in town doing my rounds of exhibitions that I had collated up to see, one being the Chanel Little Black Jacket at the Saatchi Gallery. My, was it heaving! Essentially because they were handing out free prints to everyone there as well as free entry!? I was amazed. It's not often you get free entry to amazing designers exhibitions but a freebie too! Resuulltttt

It was great seeing people from so many walks of life in a iconic piece of clothing we know and love. From Sarah Jessica Parker, Kanye West, Anna Wintour. Models, singers, actresses.. They all graced the walls several floors up from the bitterly cold street outside. With little blurbs on the walls and separate rooms holding the surprise of even more beautiful shots pinned delicately to the walls with fine pins.

My favourite area was that of the dimly lit room with huge printed glass panels propped up with spotlights shining directly onto the speckled paint. The creaking from the glass moving as you walked passed admiringly was a little off putting but they looked amazing.


If you didn't see what the Saatchi Gallery held, you really did miss out, but here's a few just for you :)

Enjoy











bx

No comments:

Post a Comment